Just returned from an oh-so-fabulous trip to Costa Rica. The lush landscapes, bountiful beaches and friendly locals make this country a true gem!
As the saying in Costa Rica goes, PURA VIDA or "pure life", symbolizes the idea of simply enjoying life, being happy and grateful. As I have fallen in love with the country, and this phrase, I decided to make some wall art to keep my spirits up all year long (read: It's snowing in Connecticut in April - ugh!).
Here's a rundown of how this was made, so you can also make your own personal wall art, with the wording that is meaningful to you:
Powered by Creative Market
- Download this fantastic script font, Just Lovely (by the talented Nikki Laatz). The font has so many alternates you can really customize the look. Here is a direct (affiliate) link to the font: https://crmrkt.com/D6gpQl?u=spinpin
- Set your text on the size sheet you want your final print to output. While Adobe Illustrator would give you most flexibility for typesetting, you may use MS Word and most other page layout programs.
- Save your page as high resolution PDF
- Send the PDF to your local print shop for a black & white print out.
- Pick up a nice modern frame at your local art shop, insert your print out, and hang!
Enjoy your beautiful new wall art and Pura Vida!